So, lately I’ve been making so much food products with Lemons and have actually become quite the expect when it comes to make food with Lemon!
The only downside at the moment is that they are rather expensive right now which is annoying. So while I had some lying around the kitchen the other day I thought I would whip up some Lemon Slice because it’s a classic favourite for everyone and it was gone within 30mins of everyone arriving home as well!
1 Cup of Flour
1/2 Cup of Icing Sugar
1 Cup of Caster Sugar
Juice of 2-3 Lemons (Depends on how Lemony you want it)
Rind from 1 Lemon
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
You’ll also need a 20cmx30cm tin, a deep one works better
1. Preheat your Oven to 180c
2. Line the cake tin with baking paper
3. Mix your Butter, Flour and Icing Sugar together till it forms a soft dough
4. Press the dough into the cake and tin and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden
5. While the dough is cooking, mix the Caster Sugar, Lemon Juice, Lemon Rind, Custard Powder, Cornflour, Baking Soda and Eggs together until it’s all combined
6. Pour the liquid over the dough and put back in the oven for a further 15-20minutes
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cool, cut into slices and dust icing sugar over the slices.